The digital advertising market is growing fast, with revenues forecast to hit $98 billion in 2018 against $68 billion in 2015, according to Statista. Money is flowing through the industry right into the pockets of media giants that play the role of intermediaries and have little interest in making things more efficient for all the advertising value chain participants.
Advertisers have little trust in ad buys as they cannot be sure there are real customers clicking their ads instead of bots, which are widely used to artificially inflate ad statistics.
Publishers are annoyed with banner ads that spoil website appearance, while irritated visitors increasingly use ad blocking apps to get rid of flashing banners.
Overall, users are bombarded with intrusive, irrelevant ads that negatively impact their browsing experience.
Kind Ads offers a decentralized solution
A blockchain-based advertising platform is a natural solution that may disrupt the whole industry by cutting out the middleman from the advertising value chain and making the Internet a more pleasant and useful place.
The Kind Ads project, developed by the Leadchain Foundation, is building a bridge between publishers, advertisers, and users by taking advertising on a decentralized platform with improved transparency for advertisers, higher profitability for publishers, and a smoother web surfing experience for users.
How does the ecosystem work?
Thanks to decentralized technologies, advertisers can work directly with publishers to run effective targeted campaigns across multiple channels. As the system runs on blockchain, they need not worry that the clicks are fake and their money goes nowhere.
Advertisers will be able to show relevant ads through push notifications or emails, which is less irritating than traditional pop-up banners. Their revenues are bound to grow as they will receive 85% of the money paid by the advertisers, the remaining 15% to be distributed by the platform to reward its users.
Netizens will be able to grant publishers the right to reach them directly for marketing purposes via a preferred channel. Those who share their browsing history for a more targeted approach will be rewarded with digital tokens.
KIND token economy
Kind Ads tokens (KIND) will be compliant with the ERC-20 standard with open-source smart contract support. They will be used in various ways to reward and incentivize the ecosystem participants to promote engagement with the platform. Advertisers will use tokens to purchase ads from publishers, who will in turn reward users for their activity.