We are the Database Team at Binary.com. We are custodians of the company’s data; our databases are critical to the company’s daily operations. We turn raw data into actionable intelligence, ensure data integrity, implement security controls, monitor data traffic, troubleshoot issues, and plan for expansion as the company grows. We ensure our databases are tough enough to withstand the threat of cybersecurity breaches.
Founded in 1999, Binary.com is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our customers to trade in world markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to be the world’s leading online trading service provider.
A career at Binary.com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
About the role
As a Database Administrator at Binary.com, you will plan, install, and maintain database systems to ensure the security, integrity and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic online trading platform.
● Plan, install and configure world-class database systems that meet business objectives and the needs of end users.
● Plan and carry out the upgrade and migration of databases.
● Develop, implement, and test database backup and recovery plans.
● Manage database and data security by controlling access to data through authentication, authorisation, and auditing.
● Perform tests to ensure database performance and security, as well as data integrity.
● Document and administer database policies, procedures, and standards.
● Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing database systems, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability.
● Experience as a DBA, with a focus on:
● database setup
● performance tuning
● disaster recovery
● SQL queries and optimisation
● Excellent troubleshooting skills
● Experience with database testing tools such as pgtap
● Knowledge of Linux system administration, preferably including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as shell scripting
● Experience with PostgreSQL and/or SQL Server preferred
● Experience with OLAP and MDX would be an advantage
Perks and benefits
● Market-based salary
● Annual performance bonus
● Health benefits
● Casual dress code
● Flexible working hours
● Travel and internet allowances
Cyberjaya is a well-planned township with no shortage of residences, restaurants, retail outlets and recreational facilities. Blending urban development with nature, Cyberjaya is rich with lush greenery, lakes and parks, making it ideal for work and play. The Maju Expressway (MEX) conveniently connects Cyberjaya to Kuala Lumpur city and the rest of the Klang valley, while the Dedicated Transport Services (DTS) provides reliable transportation for those commuting to and from Cyberjaya. Thirty minutes away from KL city centre, our Cyberjaya office is where you can experience the ultimate work-life balance.