**About Status **
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
**Who are we?**
We’re a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
**The team & role: **
The finance team powering Status is small and lean, currently two people and a network of outsourced vendors in various global locations. This newly-created finance manager role will be a key part of our finance operation, bringing a valuable hybrid of financial controller and FP&A skills to the team.
As this is a small organization with a broad financial remit, we’re looking for an all-rounder who’s excited to get involved in diverse projects and tasks. Working alongside the Head of Finance and providing management reports to our founders, this role offers scope to make a big impact in the organization from day one.
– Financial controller activities, including:
– Prepare, analyze and control Status’s financial data.
– Establish and execute internal controls over Status’s accounting and financial procedures.
– Support the tax, accounting and book closing functions and operations.
– Support preparation of company documents
– Manage compliance and audit processes, evaluating and managing risks.
– FP&A activities, including:
– Preparation of budgets, forecasts and financial plans.
– Develop robust financial models.
– Create recommendations to support strategic decision-making
– Assist in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning process.
**You ideally will have: **
*[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]*
– A strong alignment to our principles:
– An academic qualification in business administration, finance, or accounting
– Experience in finance, specifically FP&A
– A sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
– Advanced proficiency in Excel.
**Bonus points if you have:**
– Experience working remotely and/or at a tech startup (if you also love crypto as much as we do, we’d love to hear from you!)
– Auditing experience
– Excellent financial modelling skills, even better if you can code
– Compliance awareness and experience
– Experience using modelling and accounting software
– German language skills.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $70,000 – $90,000 USD (paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here here:
The hiring process for this role will be:
1. Interview with a member of our People Ops team
2. Interview with Daniel, our Head of Finance
3. Interview with Carl, one of our founders
4. A small, paid, work challenge so that we can get a feel for your work and how we’d collaborate (the task should take no more than 6 hours) – if you have relevant work samples you’d prefer to send us, that works too.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new finance hire (you?) to join the team as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to close the hiring process ideally by the end of June 2020.