Founded in 2016, æternity blockchain is an Erlang-based scalable smart contract platform engineered by software development pioneers to address some of the most fundamental challenges native to earlier blockchains.
æternity uses State Channels to enable off-chain scaling, allowing the blockchain to withstand massive traffic without succumbing to network congestion. æternity also allows interaction between the network and real world data through Oracles, and integrates several advanced features to deliver the full benefits of blockchain technology to a global mass of users.
Please visit https://aeternity.com/ for more information.
We are hiring an experienced DevOps Engineer to manage the transition between project planning and software deployment. In this role, your duties will include developing software, configuring systems, and performing diagnostic tests throughout the stages of development. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Aeternity Blockchain will be an excellent place to grow your career.
Senior DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
• Analyzing current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
• Establishing milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
• Working closely with engineering professionals in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
• Consulting with management on the operational requirements of software solutions
• Managing the installation and configuration of solutions
• Completing code and scripting updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors
• Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests
• Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics
• Conforming to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity
Technical Requirements for the Position.
Be experienced with the following technologies:
-AWS EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, Route53, CloudFront, ECS, DynamoDB
-HashiCorp Terraform, Vault, Packer
-Docker, Docker Compose
-Bash, Python, Makefile
IaaC: changes via PRs, testing
-CI/CD principles & integration (with CircleCI)
-Release management (with GitHub)
-Monitoring (with DataDog)
Good to have:
-Development experience with C/C++ , -Erlang, Elixir, Rust and JS ((basics, at least build & run)
-Blockchain experience or be acquainted with blockchain technologies
• Master’s Degree i in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar
• Extensive experience in DevOps Engineering and team management
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform de-bugging
• Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics
• Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance • Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated flexibility ability and readiness to be hands on
Hours: Full Time (40 hrs p/wk)
Location: remote from Europe
Job type: Independent contractor