The Internet of Energy Network (IOEN) is a not for profit organization that uses a new digital currency and open-source protocols to build scalable Software-Defined Grids®. IOEN’s mission is to develop and connect minigrids around the world by providing the finance, open-source support tools, and integration capabilities to create agent-centric minigrids.
The IOEN Token uses the best of blockchain and Holochain technologies to support grid needs locally and globally, enabling financing and rapid exchange of energy value across household devices, like washing machines and air conditioners. When devices work together to balance their energy use, this results in a more stable grid and allows more renewable energy to be used. IOEN is powered by RedGrid, a leading decentralised software energy technology company in Australia (www.redgrid.io).
About the role
Are you a seasoned marketer who is passionate about accelerating brand growth, driving content development, and inspiring real change in the world? Do you enjoy developing and executing the marketing strategy, and constantly iterating to improve brand messaging and story-telling? Does the idea of working on a galactic-scale mission to turn energy use on its head and help create a more resilient world get you excited? If so, then come and work with us!
Partnering with, and reporting to, the CEO, you will be responsible for delivering marketing to support our critical campaign phase as we launch the IOEN Token. Long-term, you will lead IOEN’s overall marketing strategy and direction while also being an active participant in, and driver of, the organisation’s strategic direction. You will lead all marketing administration, planning, budgeting, and coordination with external agencies, as well as manage the marketing team. As a member of the senior leadership team, you will be deeply integrated with the core strategy of the organisation.
A creative vision, understanding of company values, business leadership, and execution skills are essential for the role.
What you’ll be working on
– Support execution of the campaign strategy to successfully launch the IOEN Token.
– Develop the marketing calendar and growth activities to build hype around the token sale event, and roll out future campaigns after the time of the token raise.
– Develop an engaging content marketing strategy (paid, earned and owned) to build awareness of the IOEN brand and capture the interest of the market beyond the Token raise.
– Monitor and report on campaign tactics and outcomes.
Content Execution & Promotion
– Set and coordinate the content calendar working to key deadlines and ensuring all content adheres to brand messaging and guidelines.
– Manage the organisation and delivery of technical content writing by coordinating with IOEN internal team members and multiple external agencies around the world.
– Coordinate with external partners to develop and execute cross-promotion marketing strategies.
– Coordinate Ask Me Anything sessions, internally and in collaboration with external partners and PR agencies.
– Oversee review and quality control of all articles and social media posts written by external partners and agencies.
Measuring and reporting on content marketing outcomes.
– Ensure that all major campaign announcements and updates are promoted effectively through IOEN’s relevant owned and earned channels.
Community Growth & Moderation
– Coordinate hypergrowth activities internally and with marketing agencies to accelerate the growth of IOEN social media channels and Telegram groups.
– Monitor the Telegram community for Frequently Asked Questions ensuring community administrators maintain a high quality of communication and engagement.
– Maximise value from hired agencies by monitoring and reporting on campaign performance, and providing direct feedback to agencies to ensure consistent, high quality marketing performance.
– Manage ongoing communication with marketing agencies; daily through Telegram channels and weekly via video conferencing.
– Develop press releases for PR agencies.
– Coordinate with hired marketing agencies to secure IOEN PR in mainstream & crypto publications.
– Evaluate and coordinate inbound PR opportunities.
– Oversee IOEN brand to ensure consistency across all marketing collateral.
– Support the IOEN team in delivering the collateral needed to successfully market the project to private and public sale token purchasers.
Experience and skills
– 4+ years of experience as a lead marketer in a corporate B2B or B2C environment OR 2+ years leading marketing in crypto.
– Experience managing marketing agencies, and coordinating with freelance creatives and consultants to produce marketing outcomes.
– The ability to take technical concepts and make them feel understandable and approachable to the newer members of the IOEN community.
– Be in the Australian time zone (AEST), preferably in Melbourne.
– Strong attention to detail and ability to autonomously execute high-quality work under tight deadlines.
– A positive attitude, curious mindset, and the ability to see the good in any situation.
– A willingness to fail, learn and grow.
– Beneficial skills
– Previously held leadership positions.
– A strong interest in crypto and emerging DeFi technologies.
– Experience with Figma.
– Experience with WordPress / Squarespace etc.
– Highly proficient across multiple messaging platforms including Telegram, Whatsapp.
Why work with IOEN?
– Work with a mission-driven tech startup that’s making a positive impact on the planet.
– A supportive team and work environment.
– Salary commensurate with experience.
– Access to a network of incredible clients and partners.
– Huge potential to grow with us.
– We prioritise work/life balance and promote flexibility to ensure our team’s wellbeing.
– We’re building the operating system of the future clean energy world. Be a part of that journey.
How to Apply
Please send a short cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: IOEN Marketing Lead. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We can’t wait to hear from you!