Apply here: https://holo.host/careers/event-community-coordinator/
We’re hiring someone to organize, systematize and implement processes for:
– Events we’re hosting, such as: hackathons, conferences, meetups, team retreats, online trainings, etc.
– Events we’re attending as sponsors, speakers, facilitators, and/or participants
– Our grassroots global network of volunteer community organizers who hold culturally and educationally significant local events such as dev dinners, meetups, hackathons, and presentations
What you will do:
– Strategically design and then implement processes for events we host, events we attend, and our grassroots community
– Recruit, vet, and onboard volunteers who organize local Holochain communities
– Support a global community of volunteer organizers to establish scalable patterns and structures
– Organize and project manage meetup, hackathon and other event planning tools and resources – on your own and sometimes with teammates and/or volunteers
– Roll out new project and marketing initiatives that bridge between Holo and the volunteer community
– Assess for gaps, create systems, and track progress in our communities
– Manage and coordinate day-to-day event logistics and prepare speaker presentations
– Cultivate relationships to increase invitations, then organize and manage high-impact speaking events
– Diplomatically bargain around our community growth strategy, politely declining salesy offers and where possible shifting transactional relationships into voluntary partnerships.
– Coordinate post-event follow-up, including feedback and testimonials
What we’re looking for:
– Skillfulness in fulfilling initiatives through organizing, tracking, and executing
– Experience with project management and organizing tools
– Grassroots community organizing and management skills
– Capacity to track the big picture and be strategic
– Strong natural attention to details
– Natural enjoyment in creating and maintaining organization of everything – files, data, etc. (you were the kid that put and kept complex things in accessible and logical order)
– Skillfulness with people, able to cultivate relationships, and engage volunteers
– Discernment for priorities based on constantly evolving criteria
– Enthusiasm for enabling and empowering others
– Ability to operate in ambiguity and create and uphold adaptable structures
– Strong and clear written and oral communication skills
– Flexibility across multiple time zones and wide variety of hours
– Motivated and attentive to creating positive, meaningful cultural and educational experiences for others
– Motivation to grow and develop inner and outer leadership skills
– Ability to include the word shuffleberry in your answer to the third long response question in the application, ideally included in a sentence
– Proactivity to find alignment with others and get things done
Some details about what we offer:
– Generous salary (National Currency)
– Generous crypto payment program (HOT & HoloFuel)
– Equipment reimbursement
– Supportive trial period
– Regular team meetings (video)
– Collaborative and inspiring culture
– Flexible work schedule and vacation time
– Motivated, passionately engaged, and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.
As a Holochain Developer Advocate, your role is to equip developers in our community to build distributed applications and help grow the ecosystem. Your focus is a mix of building tools and resources, delivering trainings and presentations online and offline, and developing relationships.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
Building Tools & Resources:
– Develop first-class developer scenarios and demo apps, collateral, and training material to demonstrate the value of Holochain and build excitement.
– Write production-quality code and contribute to Holochain tools, applications, core components, mixins, tutorials, and examples.
– Commit, review, and test Holochain-Core code.
– Participate in the full Holochain app development process, as well as UX development & optimization.
– Comfortable with full stack web and mobile/desktop software development; for example, progressive web front-end, web services, web application, and optional native mobile/desktop development.
– Excel in software architecture, including creating composable libraries and starter applications for use by developers in the ecosystem.
– Create technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific solutions or use the Holochain Development Kit (HDK).
– Training, Webinars, and Presentations:
– Educate and empower developers through technical workshops and webinars.
– Speak and share your expertise at developer groups and conferences.
– Willingness to take the stage—a developer advocate needs to deliver presentations that are effective.
– Present technology with enthusiasm and authenticity to developers, developer managers, and CTOs.
– Deliver presentations at Meetups, Hackathons, Developer Challenges, and significant community events.
– Submit papers to speak at relevant technical conferences.
Building Communities and Relationships:
– Build strategic relationships and partnerships with individuals, companies, and organizations with whom we share common communities.
– Advocate on behalf of our development community so that they feel their voices are heard, concerns are addressed, and feedback is incorporated into key development decisions.
– Support our developers wherever they are—on Mattermost, forums, Stack Overflow, and everywhere in between.
– Create new market opportunities and identify innovative solutions to expand developer engagements.
– Be an inspiring leader in the market and the voice of developers in the ecosystem.
Skills & Experience:
– You are a community leader and understand the vital work that is involved in ecosystem management. Developers are one of the most valuable constituencies in our ecosystem today; as such, our developer community can help catalyze the expansion and adoption of Holochain.
– You are a forward-thinking developer, masterful communicator, and ecosystem influencer.
– You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and extraordinary communication and presentation skills.
– You have solid and diverse engineering skills—have a good pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
– You geek out over building apps, finding solutions to hard problems, interacting with other developers and derive intrinsic satisfaction from helping others learn by doing.
– You are a friendly and approachable person, as well as a great mentor.
– You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
– You also can speak the language of business and understand how these technologies align with an organization’s business and technical needs.
– You are able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support Hackathons, conferences, and other developer events (online and offline).
In an ideal world:
– You can demo an application that you have built using the Holochain Development Kit (HDK) as part of the interview process.
– 5+ years of engineering or software developer experience
– More than 6 months participation in the community, familiarity with Holochain, and/or distributed technologies
– Proven experience of advocacy for a technology
– Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, website, etc.) are greatly appreciated
Some details about what we offer:
– Generous salary (National Currency)
– Generous crypto pay program (HOT & HoloFuel)
– Supportive team trial period
– Regular team meetings (video and in person)
– Collaborative and inspiring culture
– Flexible work schedules and vacation
– Motivated, passionately engaged, and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer that celebrate a diverse, creative, and collaborative team.
Der optimale Bewerber bringt folgende Merkmale mit:
Du hast bereits Praxiserfahrungen im Bereich Business Development / Partnermanagement vorzuweisen
Du bist kontaktfreudig und liebst zu netzwerken
Du hast ein solides Netzwerk in die Bitcoin/Blockchain-Szene
Du hast Erfahrungen im Verhandeln von Deals und bist ein begabter Verkäufer
Du hast grundlegende Kenntnis im Bereich Blockchain/Crypto/Bitcoin
Deutsch Muttersprache / Englisch fließend
Du beteiligst dich aktiv am Wachstum CryptoTickers. Hierfür bist du der erste Ansprechpartner nach außen hin. Du sorgst dafür dass CryptoTicker ins Gespräch kommt und im Gespräch bleibt. Du handelst Partnerschaften aus und agierst als Ansprechpartner für externe Anfragen. Zudem pflegst du unsere Community indem du ihnen relevante Informationen zukommen lässt.
Du handelst Partnerschaften mit anderen Kryptounternehmen aus
Du kümmerst dich um Medienpartnerschaften mit Kryptoevents und Influencern sowie unserer Jobbörse und unseren ICO Kalender
Du planst und organisierst Interview mit Branchengrößen
Du hilfst dabei Cryptoticker rentabel zu gestalten und weiterzuentwickeln
Ab sofort: Festanstellung mit 20 h / Woche (u.U. auf Wunsch auch als freier Mitarbeiter möglich)
Die Möglichkeit aus dem Home Office oder bei uns im Büro in Berlin-Mitte zu arbeiten
Eine attraktive Vergütung
Ein angenehmes Arbeitsklima in einem freundlichen Team mit eigenverantwortlichem Handeln in flachen Hierarchien
Arbeit in einem innovativen und spannenden Themengebiet
CryptoTicker ist eine in Berlin ansässige Cryptonews-Plattform, die von einem internationalen Team aus Experten betrieben wird, welche es sich zur Aufgabe gemacht haben ihr Wissen mit der Crypto-Community zu teilen.
Unser Team verteilt sich über den gesamten Erdkreis und versorgt all diejenigen mit Neuigkeiten, die an Kryptowährungen und der Blockchain-Technologie interessiert sind.
CryptoTicker versucht möglichst viel aus dem digitalen Zeitalter herauszuholen, indem es Leser mit Nachrichten, Expertenmeinungen, Interviews, Dokumentationen und Ankündigungen aus aller Welt rund um die Themen Blockchain, Kryptowährungen und Futurismus versorgt.
Unser Ziel ist es dazu beizutragen, eine informiertere und dezentralisiertere Welt zu schaffen.
Create various kinds of content for the purpose of community engagement and viral marketing campaigns, including sticker packs, infographics, text/image memes, video content, articles, etc.
*Entry Tier* (everyone starts at this level)
1) $250 USD-equivalent in PLG Tokens at ICO price
Entry Tier rewards plus:
1) Rewarded up to an additional $250 USD-equivalent in PLG at ICO price
2) Invitation to bi-weekly ambassador + PLG team voice meeting
Entry and Junior Tier rewards plus:
1) Rewarded up to an additional $500 USD-equivalent in PLG at ICO price
2) Discounted platform fees
3) Exclusive Swag Bag
Looking for a full stack programmer with experience in web development. Ideal candidate has at least 1+ year of job experience and will be able to work on both our React frontend and Django backend. Tasks involve review/advising technical changes, and implementing new features and bug fixes.
Knowledge of cryptocurrency/blockchain concepts would be useful but not necessary.
This is a remote contract work for about 10 – 20 hours a week. Pay is negotiable dependent on applicant’s experience.
Who we are
CloseCross is an exciting startup in the intersection between the Fintech and Blockchain space. We are revolutionising the financial markets. Imagine a derivatives marketplace in which global participants can directly exchange value without a central point of intermediary or value arbitrage. CloseCross proudly presents the world’s first peer-to-peer and truly decentralized trading platform that is powered by our patented multi-party settlement mechanism and proprietary algorithms.
Proficient in blockchain technical concepts, cryptography, architecting secure and distributed systems and having the ability to translate the architecture and design into actually working code
Understanding of Layer 2 blockchain concepts, at least one of: State Channel, Payments Channel, Pegged Side Chains or Plasma. Ability to implement these concepts or willingness to quickly learn how.
Self-starter, not afraid to work as a part of bigger team and also alone on some tasks
Happy to be part of the remotely working team of engineers and product development people
Hungry for learning more, being exceptional blockchain technical expert, go-to person
Able to comfortably use English language for communication of technical concepts, both verbally and on writing
Node.js and Solidity experience is a must. Knowledge of Kotlin and/or Java would be also beneficial.
Paying attention to details, high level of coding standards, focused on producing quality code
Doubtful, you always ask “why” before you start to think “how”
Ability and willingness to see your work in the wider product context
What we offer:
You can work remotely from anywhere in the world (although +/- CET time zone would be a preference)
Working on the cutting edge blockchain and fintech technology project
Interesting challenges to work on together with other bright minds
Friendly team work atmosphere
The Divi Project is looking for a blockchain core developer with experience with Bitcoin-based blockchains. Other helpful experience:
Multiplied.io is a San Francisco-based full-service blockchain marketing and PR agency. We are looking for a gregarious and outgoing Senior Account Executive to join our expanding team. If you thrive in a fun, but fast-paced environment, we would love to consider you for this position.
About the role:
You will be working closely with client accounts in various verticals. Candidates must be high-energy, crypto-curious and demonstrate at least an intermediate understanding of blockchain technology. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of agency experience, possess excellent media skills, have strong writing abilities, be well-organized and a creative thinker.
· Act as a liaison between the media and some of the top crypto projects in the world
· Secure media interest through pitches, contributed content and press announcements
· Book, manage and staff press tours and trade shows
· Develop compelling content – both longform and short
· Organize media/influencer lists
· Form strategic relationships with targeted blockchain organizations
· Monitor social media, report trends and create go-to-market strategies
· Manage the Multiplied.io content calendar
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, business or a related field
· Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills
· Proficiency with basic computer applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
· Excellent project and people management skills
· 3 – 5 years of public relations, communications or related professional experience
· Demonstrate an understanding of blockchain technology
What to share:
Writing samples or featured work
$60K – $100K
Who we are:
A strategic marketing and public relations agency, Multiplied is a tribe of storytellers, growth hackers, communicators, and digital revolutionaries. Fueled by continuous curiosity and passion for blockchain technology, we inspire our clients to find their voice, live their brand truth, and transform the way they communicate to accelerate growth.
We are not a traditional agency. We provide the next generation of integrated communications, including public relations, content, and digital marketing. We see the full-scope of blockchain opportunities, horizontally and asymmetrically. What wakes us up every day is knowing that we have a direct impact on an industry that will revolutionize our world for years to come. And through it all, we strongly believe and adhere to our values as an agency, which includes dedication, integrity, and quality.
Multiplied provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Pompeu Fabra University and Nokia Bell Labs announce 4 Marie Skłodowska-Curie European PhD Positions for the ITN BAnDIT H2020 project. PhD students will be supervised by researchers from UPF and Bell Labs (effectively spending 50% of the time at each institution).
We are looking for highly motivated young researchers with a Master degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or related disciplines, willing to study and do research at the leading edge of blockchain technologies.
PhD students will be appointed for 36 months. All the fellowships provide a highly competitive remuneration package complemented by mobility and family allowances (for eligible candidates).
You can read more on the project at https://www.upf.edu/web/bandit
Crypto has the potential to create a fairer internet and more open financial system. We want to make that accessible to everyone.
To do this, we’ve built a crypto wallet with the simplicity and security of the best new banking apps – without the bank. We hope it solves some of crypto’s biggest problems: there are no seed phrases, transaction fees or cryptic addresses. And it protects you from theft.
As a team, we have experience scaling mobile apps to tens of millions of users. Our eclectic backgrounds include PhDs in nuclear physics, quantum cryptography and decentralised cognitive networks. We’re fortunate to be backed by the top VCs in Europe, including Index Ventures, Creandum and firstminute capital.
The Senior Android Engineer role
The Senior Android Engineer drives the development of our native Android app. You’ll be particularly critical to Argent’s future as Android is the dominant platform in emerging markets, where there are some of the most urgent use cases for crypto. You’ll therefore be solving problems at scale for people around the world.
This means we’re looking for a highly skilled Android developer who can push mobile technologies to their limits.
Your code will be efficient, maintainable, reusable and well-tested. You’ll define and build state-of-the-art application architecture. And you’ll implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
In the role you’ll work closely with world class engineers and product designers who aim to build an unrivalled product. You’ll not only contribute technical ideas but will help shape their overall direction.
– 3+ years experience delivering quality, at scale consumer-facing Android apps available in the Play Store
– Fluency with Java and RxJava; knowledge of Kotlin is a plus
– Interest in blockchain and the Ethereum ecosystem
– Strong object-oriented programming, and a good knowledge of pattern and anti-pattern design
– Experience with app profiling, code versioning, deployment and continuous integration
– Strong communication skills and an ability to work with both engineers and other roles
– Fluency in written and spoken english
How we work
We work remotely, transparently and balance Argent with the rest of our lives. We’ve all got loved ones with unpredictable schedules, be they kids or cats.
Although we’re a distributed team you’ll need to be based in the UK or Europe. This is because we find communication much easier when we’re in similar time zones and a short flight away. Within Europe you can choose to work wherever you like!
We get together for a week every quarter so we can collaborate in person, explore new solutions, and have fun. So far we’ve played pétanque in Nice, bonded in Brussels and (tried to) surf in Lisbon.
At the heart of what we do is making crypto accessible to everyone. We want the team itself to reflect that diversity so we’d strongly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
No agencies please